Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Miriam Ruiz <miriam@debian.org> wrote:
Of course, but they'll have your IP, which is (at least in my country)
personal information. In any case it is enough for someone to be able
to find you, so you won't be really anonymous. Think about China, for
example.

Tor.  GNUnet.  This is a problem answerable by technical means.

Maybe I haven't explained myself properly. In my country,
cryptographic code is legal. Lets say for example that in France it
isn't. I can choose not to distribute my code in France, but I cannot
make my program not interact with French people until I have already
interacted with them. I see quite an important difference here.

As an American, I cannot export cryptographic software.  As a result, I don't work on it.

That doesn't prevent me from building or modifying software that utilizes those components, as those components are imported.

Of course you can choose not to interact with them based on IP address.  This is done all the time.