Re: AGPL and Debian

* Miriam Ruiz:

> We should somehow tag those conflictive licenses with debtags, so that
> users can filter out the ones they don't wont easily. I don't object
> to having AGPL in Debian, but I don't plan to install anything under
> that license in my system, and AFAIK there are other people in the
> same situation as I. This wouldn't hurt those who consider if free,
> but at the same time would allow us to filter them out easily.

Sure, and with the GFDL, it might be the other way round.

> The debtags could be implemented as an addon, and not added by default
> to the base debtags vocabulary.

I like this idea.  To some extent, it's the end of the main/non-free
distinction because users can express their choices more directly,
overriding the dictate of the project.  Maybe it will take a bit of
the acridity out of the regular licensing flamewars.