Re: gnome-mastermind trademark question

2008/12/2 Hans de Goede <hdegoede@redhat.com>:

> Ok, well in that case I'll pass I'm already bothering legal way too often
> with games related questions.

It would be better to have a name upstream likes, but if the name is
not legally safe for Fedora, it won't be for Debian either and
ignoring the problem won't fix it. We definitely have to find a way to
cope with this situations, my personal position is that either
upstream changes the name, or we change it unilaterally if the game is
worth it, or we avoid packaging the game until upstream acknowledges
the problem and reacts to it.

(internal note: We should file a bug to Debian's package about this)

Greetings,
Miry

Brief  summary of previous mails [1], as I'm CC'ing both the
Debian/Ubuntu Games Team, Debian Legal and gnome-mastermind's
maintainer in Debian, due to the relevance -in my opinion- of the
discussion. The rest can safely ignore it:

[1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/games/2008-December/000068.html