Re: AGPL and Debian

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 12:42:09PM +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> recently we, your mostly friendly Ftpmaster and -team, have been asked
> about an opinion about the AGPL in Debian.

> The short summary is: We think that works licensed under the AGPL can
> go into main. (Provided they don't have any other problems).

This is ambiguous because there has been more than one version of the AGPL
over time.  Can you please clarify which version of the AGPL this statement
is meant to apply to, or if it's meant to apply to all versions?

(I believe earlier versions of the AGPL had been rejected by ftpmasters
previously, due to practical problems with the implementation of those
licenses.)