Re: AGPL and Debian

"Miriam Ruiz" <miriam@debian.org> writes:

> 2008/11/28 Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>:
> > recently we, your mostly friendly Ftpmaster and -team, have been
> > asked about an opinion about the AGPL in Debian.
> >
> > The short summary is: We think that works licensed under the AGPL
> > can go into main. (Provided they don't have any other problems).
>
> Thanks for the clarification, Ganneff :)

Ditto. Whether or not we agree, it's vital to the purpose of
‘debian-legal’ that it not become an echo chamber; we need to see how
these discussions affect the actions of the ‘ftpmaster’ team, and
explicit reasoning (as presented in Joerg's message) is essential.

Thank you, and please keep the communication open!

--
 \        “When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to |
  `\                  ask is if they ever press charges.” —Jack Handey |