Re: Debian logo on quilt; license issues?

[ CC-ing since I'm note sure, if you are reading the list ]

Hi!

KS schrieb:

[..]
> A couple of years ago she wanted to make a quilt for me. As the
> discussion also involved open source at that time, I asked her why not
> just make me a small wall hanging of the Debian logo. She has worked on
> it for the last two years and has come up with a life size (about 6ft
> high) Debian logo (Open use logo) along with the "Debian" at the bottom.
> It is currently being displayed at an exhibition in Phoenix.
>
> At the time when I asked her to make it, I thought it would not be a
> problem as it was "open use logo". But while browsing again on the
> Debian Logos page, I noticed the "debian" trademark licensing policy
> http://www.debian.org/trademark . Can the experts give their advice on
> this regarding any licensing issues involving the quilt artwork.

Please take a look at http://www.debian.org/logos/index , the part about
the open use logo with "Debian" reads as follows:

"This logo or a modified version may be used by anyone to refer to the
Debian project, but does not indicate endorsement by the project."

It seems to be the case for me; the Logo in the quilt is still a
reference to our project (she created the quilt after hearing about the
project and for you, from whom he heard about our project).

The second paragraph of the license "Note: we would appreciate that you
make the image a link to http://www.debian.org/ if you use it on a web
page." well... If you like you could ask to place a sign nearby the
quilt in the exhibition ("More information about the Debian operating
system can be found at http://www.debian.org"; or something similar), but
it's not necessary.

Best regards,
  Alexander Reichle-Schmehl,
  Debian Spokesperson

PS: Just out of curiosity I would appreciate, if could send me / point
me to a picture of the quilt in the exhibition :)