Re: Is AGPLv3 DFSG-free?

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008, Arnoud Engelfriet wrote:
> Not necessarily. A court may find the illegal clause severable and
> act as if that clause wasn't there. Or it may rule that compliance
> with the clause in question cannot be demanded from the licensee.
> That leaves the rest of the license intact.

A court could do anything it wants. It could declare the sky mauve,
require you to stand on your head with a sign that says "This way to
Babylon", or any number of insanities. However, when there is clearly
a conservative, risk-averse position that can be taken, that's what we
should take if possible. In this case, assuming that the license will
remain intact is the conservative position.

Don Armstrong

--
G: If we do happen to step on a mine, Sir, what do we do?
EB: Normal procedure, Lieutenant, is to jump 200 feet in the air and