Re: source code written by monkey

Ben Finney wrote:
> A package for which we have no explicit license to redistribute cannot
> go into any of main, contrib, or non-free. It simply cannot be legally
> redistributed at all without that explicit grant of license.

The author claims that the package is in the public domain because
it was created by a monkey and hence copyright law does not apply.

While these claims seem somewhat far-fetched, the end result is still
that the author has asserted the work is public domain. Why not
accept that?

Arnoud

--
IT lawyer, blogger and patent attorney ~ Partner at ICTRecht.nl legal services
        http://www.arnoud.engelfriet.net/ ~ http://www.iusmentis.com/