Re: Swiss Ephemeris astronomy library forgoes non-DFSG license in favour of GPL

"Shriramana Sharma" <jamadagni@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello. I'm not currently a member of the list, so please CC me.

Done.

> Previously (until version 1.73) they used a non-DFSG compatible
> license, the Swiss Ephemeris Public License (see
> http://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#head-1ee6c9e79e063c30e134ca02bff7af1bd5bbcef1
> ) as the "open-source" license. But after months of my humble effort
> (mostly consisting of repeated mails to their mailing list but
> nothing more than that), they have now switched to the GPL.

Thank you for your efforts, and congratulations. What a great result!

> Please now make appropriate arrangements for the speedy
> debianization of the now DFSG-compatible Swiss Ephemeris library.

The best way for you to make this request is via a Request For Package
bug report <URL:http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#l1>.

--
 \       "When I was little, my grandfather used to make me stand in a |
  `\   closet for five minutes without moving. He said it was elevator |