Re: Clarification about PDF file license

Rafael Laboissiere <rafael@debian.org> wrote:
> [Please respect the M-F-T header when replying]

Not visible on this client.  Guessing.  Please state wishes in body.

[...]
>     Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
>     manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the entire
>     resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a permission
>     notice identical to this one.
[...]
> Also, the TeXinfo source file contains scraps that are extracted from other
> files (*.cc) distributed in the tarball.  These files are released under
> GPL-2+.  Does that constitute a violation of the GPL?

I can't identify which scraps were copied into fixed.txi from the links you
gave, but I think so and I think you need extra permission from the copyright
holders of the GPL-2+ scraps to release under this licence, or permission from
Motorola to release with parts under the GPL.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef