Re: Desert island test

On fredagen den 29 februari 2008, Ben Finney wrote:
> Sean Kellogg <skellogg@gmail.com> writes:
> > On Friday 29 February 2008 12:39:58 am Ben Finney wrote:
> > I appriciate your attempt to see my perspective. Do you at least see
> > why the answer "no" is, at best, incomplete?
>
> In short, no. The answer given is a complete and correct answer to the
> question posed.
>
> The situation you present, of working with the Debian project to get a
> DD to raise a GR and have a majority of DDs vote a particular way,
> doesn't seem to fit the meaning of "compel Debian to [do something]"
> at all.

Do you see then, since no ordinary man can compel the Debian project to do
*anything*, that the question and its answer are quite pointless? Perhaps
someone simply confused the somewhat similar words "compel" and "convince"?
How would that substitution change your answer? What if the question was
rephrased as "Is there any way for me to get a second opinion?" or "Is
debian-legal really the final authority or who takes the definitive
decision?"

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@lysator.liu.se
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)