Re: License clause, not allowing use of author's name for promoting

Argh!

Are you right. I had a feeling that I had read that before, but tonight I was in the mood that this was imposing a clause that might cause a license problem, and as it was not stating in any other place that it is a BSD license, I didn't realized.

Thanks

On Jan 23, 2008 11:34 PM, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:
Le mercredi 23 janvier 2008 à 23:25 +0100, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo a
écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am concerned about the following license snippet, basically point 3
> which talk about use of authors' name.
> This comes from a source included in conduit (version 0.3.6, not yet
> uploaded)

> 3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products
>    derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

This is the standard 3rd clause of the BSD license, and there are
probably hundreds of packages with such a clause in the archive.

--
 .''`.
: :' :      We are debian.org. Lower your prices, surrender your code.

--
José Carlos García Sogo
 jsogo@debian.org