Re: Licensing exception to increase product compatibility

Ivan Ristic wrote:
> ModSecurity used to be distributed in Debian but this is no longer
> the case, due to the incompatibility between the GPLv2 and the Apache
> Software License. I would like to explore a licensing exception as
> the fastest way of resolving this problem.

I'm not affiliated with Debian, but wouldn't changing the license
to the LGPL solve the problem? Special exceptions have the disadvantage
of being, well, special and so more difficult to keep track of.

The LGPL would permit linking your module with other software without
imposing obligations on that other software.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself
              Arnoud blogt nu ook: http://blog.iusmentis.com/