Re: Unclear license status for prospective package ht2html

Nicolas Duboc <nduboc@debian.org> wrote: [...]
>  Is a new tarball with clear copyright notices mandatory for Debian ?

Not as far as I know, but I wouldn't be surprised for ftp-masters
to reject a tarball without them.  As a minimum, I'd snapshot
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ht2html into debian/copyright for this.

>  Would an email stating the copyright and licensing status of ht2html be
> sufficient ?

Yes, if it's clearly the wish of all copyright holders.  However, as most
of ht2html has no copyright notices, I think you need them to state that
they are all of the ht2html copyright holders, too.  This is icky.

>  Is there any other solution ?

Probably, but I can't think of a better one.

Hope that helps,
--
MJR/slef