No mention of "patents" in DFSG

Hi,

I just studied the Debian Free Software Guidelines, in search of a
statement about so called "Software Patents", and how they are
considered when including software into the debian archive.

However, I could not find anything about that topic.

Is this intentionally left out? If yes, why?

Are the guidelines implicitly sufficient when dealing with such
issues? If yes, it would be nice to have a pointer to some kind of FAQ
document, that outlines how the DFSG are to be interpreted in respect
to this topic?

Is there a consensus in the debian community about how to deal with
"Software Patents" and the inclusion of software into the debian
archive? If yes, is this consensus documented somewhere?

Thanks, for your help.

Yours
-Richard Spindler

--
Are you teaching the What and the How but without the Why and the When?