Re: License issues with md5deep

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:

> Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > Anything in the public domain can, merely by redistributing with
> > some trivial amount of creative work, gain a new copyright holder.
>
> To be clear: that new copyright holder only holds copyright over their
> creative work, not the original, right?

Yes, that's right. The redistributed work gains a new copyright held
by the new author, *and* the original work is still available for
anyone from the public domain.

--
 \       "I watched the Indy 500, and I was thinking that if they left |
  `\      earlier they wouldn't have to go so fast."  -- Steven Wright |