Re: Last word on GPL 3, LGPL 3 etc

Shriramana Sharma <samjnaa@gmail.com> writes:

> Did I miss the thread or has there not been any official announcement
> of the position of the Debian Project about the DFSG-freeness of the
> GPL 3 and LGPL 3? How about the AGPL? Seems to me that GPL 3 being
> DFSG free is a very important thing regarding the future of Debian
> and Ubuntu.

I am not speaking for debian, but AFAICT, DFSG is about software, not
licenses. Debian looks actual software and what and how it works to
determine its freeness. Licenses are not the only things Debian goes
by. To put it in a different way, while software certainly has to be
under a free license, and it is the software which has to be DFSG
compliant, not the license.

--
 Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/
Encryption:   A   powerful  algorithmic   encoding