Re: uploading GPLv3 packages

Ricardo Mones <mones@debian.org> writes:

>   Indeed, but even if it's legally redistributable it may not agree
> to the DFSG, so would not qualify to be uploaded into main category
> of the archive, which is my original worry. From your answer seems
> this is a pending question, which doesn't help me to decide.

At this point I can only say that I personally don't know whether a
work licensed under GPLv3 is generally considered DFSG-compatible.

>   FWIW I'm not asking because of a theoretical concern: the
> claws-mail upstream has moved license to GPLv3, and the next version
> will be probably released in a couple of weeks.

Yes, I expect this will be happening with many packages now. I hope
someone else on this list can provide more insight.

--
 \       "Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best |
  `\          way to predict the future is to invent it."  -- Alan Kay |