Re: Final text of GPL v3

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> I am not aware of any law in Finland regulating giving legal advice.
> There is, however, a (very recently instated) legal requirement for
> anybody representing someone else at trial to be legally trained.  The
> title "asianajaja" (one of the Finnish terms referring to a lawyer) is
> also legally restricted to only members of the bar association.

I believe most European countries have some form of restriction
against passing oneself off as an attorney. "Giving legal advice"
would be a violation of such a restriction, if the giver of the
advice pretended to be an attorney qualified to give the advice.

Arnoud

--
Arnoud Engelfriet, Dutch & European patent attorney - Speaking only for myself
              Arnoud blogt nu ook: http://blog.iusmentis.com/