Re: GCC's manpage refers to sections that aren't in the manpage

Zack Weinberg <zackw@panix.com> wrote:
> GCC's manpages are mechanically generated from its info files.  We
> asked the FSF how to apply the GFDL and were told that the *entire
> collection of manpages* counted as the Work, so it was okay to put the
> Invariant Sections in separate manpages.  See
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-11/msg00311.html et seq. [...]

Do the gcc man pages now make it clear that the entire collection of
manuals are the work and say which other man pages contain the Invariant
Sections and the License?

Also, the FDL seems to require the Invariant Sections be included in the
copy (section 4H), not merely in the Document.  What did I miss?

I dislike the FDL because of all these complexities and stange interactions
when an FDL'd manual accompanies GPL'd software.  GPL the manuals!
--
MJR/slef