Re: Debian-approved creative/content license?

Am 2007-04-28 01:02:01, schrieb Francesco Poli:
> That is to say, IIUC, among project members only compressed videos are
> distributed.

Yes, since how do you want to transfer several 100 Mbytes or some
GBytes? per day and $MEMBER?  To work on it the Uncompressed Videos
are not neccesary for testing the Game and such.  We include it at
the end of a partial production.

> And the source (uncompressed and uncut) videos are kept on a single
> machine by a single person (with backups I hope).

:-)

We have several Backups, Older HP-DAT with 24/48 GByte, DVD9 and
now since some weeks 1 TByte HDD's.

> And no one else has a copy of the source videos?!?
> No redundancy, at all?!?

We keep the Videos arround between members but since the whole
(source) game is stored on this machine, it is better for
working.

> > Should I contact the FSF about this special problem?
>
> I don't think the FSF feels strongly about the freeness of anything that
> is not a program.  Quite the opposite, unfortunately (grinnn).

:-/

...but the Videos are parts of the program/game.

Note: I have seen, there will be an equivalent commercial game out
      there and now it is realy weird situation, since the commercial
      one is realy eauivalent and if we make our GNU/Game public,
      they could tell us we have stolen there Idea... But this can
      not be, since the game is mostly my "ancien" live @LEF.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)