Re: New Ion3 licence

On Sat, 2007-04-28 at 12:22 +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 11:00:06AM +0100, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
<snip>
> > But if I rename before uploading the package to Debian, then that
> > provision is nullified.  So I think the licence would then be free in so
> > far as it applied to the Debian package.  Right?
>
> Note the wording makes it pretty much apply to everything, including the
> renamed version debian would redistribute, so, for example, derivative
> distributions should use yet another name...

Ah, I see the problem, but I'm sure that's unintentional and could be
fixed.

However, this is now moot as it seems others have persuaded him to use
separate copyright (LGPL, as before) and trademark licences.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.