Re: Could you please forward this proposed license to Teosto? (was: Re: Choosing a license for Frets on Fire songs)

On Thu Apr 26 16:25, Jason Spiro wrote:
> Copyright (C) <year> <copyright holders>
>
> Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
> a copy of this work (the "Work") to use, modify, copy, publish,
> distribute, publicly perform, and/or sublicense copies of the Work,
> and/or to charge a fee for the physical act of transferring copies,
> and/or to offer warranty protection for a fee, and/or to permit
> persons to whom the Work is furnished to do all of the aforementioned
> actions, subject to the following conditions:
>
> * Persons distributing the Work to the general public may only do so
> if the Work is distributed and/or bundled with game software.
> * No person may musically rearrange the Work or modify the lyrics of
> the Work unless that person obtains permission to do so from either
> the author or the copyright holder.

This contradicts "Permission is hereby granted, ... to use, modify,"
above. May I suggest using a CCby licence and adding 'may only be
distributed with the game' rather than cobbling together your own
inconsistent one...

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson