Re: Swiftfox license

"Dusty Wilson" <dusty@hey.nu> writes:

> I don't know if this makes any difference, but here's a quote and
> link for you.
>
> >From http://getswiftfox.com/source.htm
> "[...] Yes, that makes Swiftfox "non-free" in the Debian sense but it
> will always be free of charge to all users. If anyone has a better
> solution I would be glad to hear it."

I doubt that last part; the "better solution" seems to be just to
distribute dual-licensed under GPL and MPL, exactly as the Mozilla
project does.

Since that's not what the Swiftfox developers are doing, they don't
seem interested in a better solution, but rather one that isn't free.

--
 \       "If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting |
  `\   them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good |