Re: Copyleft variation of MIT license

Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Suraj N. Kurapati:
>
>> (a) The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
>> included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
>> These copies and portions shall be distributed in source code form.
>
> Your proposed changes seem to rule out the distribution of binaries.

I was afraid that this ambiguity might arise. I thought that because
I did not say "only" (i.e. "shall be distributed only in source code
form"), I am allowing for mixed (binary + source) distributions.

My intention was to set the base requirement of any distribution:
must include source code for the copied portions. Perhaps I could
say this another way:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
These copies and portions shall be distributed along with their
source code.

Is that better?

Thanks for your consideration.