Re: transitive GPL (exim4, OpenSSL, mySQL and others)

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:00:56 +1100, Ben Finney
<bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>In my view, the ideal solution from a reduce-licensing-headaches
>perspective is to get all the code in a work licensed compatibly with
>no need for exception clauses, either by relicensing some parts or by
>replacing parts with equivalents under compatible licenses.

The former is not an option for OpenSSL (has probably been tried
millions of times), and the latter is, in the majority of users'
opinion, not an option because GnuTLS has major interoperability
issues to be actually useable.

Greetings
Marc