Re: The legality of cdrecord

Le samedi 10 novembre 2007 à 12:35 +0100, Joerg Schilling a écrit :
> > > The GPL explicitely allows to use code under other licenses from GPL code.
> >
> > No, it does not. If you think it does, please point the line where it
> > "explicitly" allows it.
>
> Well, _I_ did already explain why this is the case. You did not give any
> evidence for your claim.
>
> GPL §2b) verifies that the GPL is asymmetric.

The fact that you don't understand what "derived work" means is
irrelevant to this discussion.

> http://www.usfca.edu/law/determann/softwarecombinations060403.pdf
> verifies that GPL §2b) is asymmetric.

After reading such basic, giant misunderstandings like:
        The GPL does not prohibit licensees from charging money for
        selling software copies. However, the GPL itself already
        provides everyone with a license free of charge. As a result,
        licensees have no realistic chances to commercialize their
        copyrights in works that they “derive” from GPLed code.
I will not read any further this document, sorry. You will have to back
up your claims with people who know what they are talking about.

--
 .''`.