Re: The legality of cdrecord

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 08:38:39PM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> > >I talked to someone on IRC and looks like the only license issue concerns
> > >mkisofs. This links to both GPL and CDDL code and this is illegal.
>
> > This is of course a lie:
>
> > None of the programs in cdrtools has license problems.
>
> > mkisofs is GPL but uses CDDL library code. This is intentionally allowed by
> > the GPL as the GPL is a highly asymmetric license. The GPL forbids GPL code to
> > appear inside non-GPL project, but it allows non-GPL code to appear in GPL
> > projects.
>
> Oooh, let me give that a try.
>
> I'm a millionaire who lives in a house on the beach.  I'm a millionaire who
> lives in a house on the beach.  I'm a millionaire who lives in a house on
> the beach.

Repeating silly things like this one is no proof!

You have been aked to proove _your_ claima many time but you did not do.
Let us safely asume that as long as you are not able to proove the converse
that my claims (being aligned with lawyer statements) are true.

Other claims are read frequently, but they are all initiated by laymen!

Jörg

       js@cs.tu-berlin.de                (uni)