Re: Eduardo Chappa's comments about his (al)pine patches

John Halton <johnhalton@gmail.com>
> My gut feeling is this is OK, but I don't know what the general
> approach is to relying on such statements. Does anyone know of any
> other Debian packages that include such vague licensing terms?

There's a couple of things which claim to be in the public domain
but include copyright-covered work from places which don't have such a
simple way to put things into the public domain AFAIK.  One example is
chat, in the ppp package.  I think we usually take our best guess and
accept them, which seems a good idea to me.

Hope that explains,
--
MJR/slef