Which GPL for Ogg Frog?

I am working on an audio application called Ogg Frog (http://www.oggfrog.com/). It is not released yet, but I hope to release the first version later this fall.

I am having trouble deciding which version of the GPL I will release it under. It has two GPL dependencies so far, libmad and libid3tag, which are both GPLv2 or later, so I could choose to release Ogg Frog under either GPLv2 or GPLv3.

I have read many of the arguments over GPLv3, and tried to weigh their merits, but I'm afraid they all just make my head spin.

I have always been uncomfortable with the "or, at your option, any later version" in GPL license notices. It is most likely that if I choose GPLv3, I will require that specific version and not allow any later version.

Is there a web page somewhere that distills the essence of each of the arguments, pro and con? I've tried to read some of the threads and Debian legal, but I'm afraid I haven't been able to reach a conclusion by doing so.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Mike Crawford
aka Rippit the Ogg Frog
Rippit the Ogg Frog

  Software isn't the only thing that should be free.
        Music should be too, as it once was.