Re: Using a CC-3.0-BY file as data file for a GPL program

Marco d'Itri wrote:
samjnaa@gmail.com wrote:

Is my view correct? I can use the CC-BY-ed database for my GPL-ed program, right?
Apparently yes. Anyway, the correct criteria is not "linking" but "being
a derived work". This case looks like mere aggregation.

It's not mere aggregation. Mere aggregation is when GPL licensed Qt and Boost-licensed Boost are put on a single distribution medium. Qt does nothing to Boost and Boost does nothing to Qt. Here the program actually *uses* the database.

Shriramana.