Re: Skype license

Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> writes:

> On 11109 March 1977, Øystein Gisnås wrote:
> > I got a request from a Skype employee who was eager to distribute
> > Skype with Debian. I replied that the current license probably is
> > not compatible with DFSG and promised to ask debian-legal what has
> > to be done with Skype's license to make it distributable.
>
> Erase it and take a sensible one.

This is really the best they can expect. It's not the job of a
volunteer mailing list to write a "better" non-free license for a
proprietary software corporation dealing in non-standard, proprietary
network protocols that undermine the free, open protocols.

--
 \         "I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono |
  `\   album; no rhyme or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and |