Re: Final text of GPL v3

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 11:20:25AM -0400, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> <quote who="Steve Langasek" date="Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 03:06:45PM -0700">
> > I'm no fan of Affero, but permitting linking with it is certainly not a DFSG
> > issue.
> The new Affero is *much* better than the old Affero IMHO.

Ha, speaking on behalf of your new paymasters already, I see! ;)

> If you have a
> problem with what it's trying to do, you won't like it (the goal is
> unchanged). If you have a problem with how it did it (the position that
> I, and most commenters on earlier drafts) were in, you will probably be
> much happier.
>
> In any case, a new version of the AGPLv3 draft is due up soon. Please
> look at the old one and comment on the new one when it's up.

Will it have an actual diff against GPLv3? I get the impression it's
meant to be GPLv3 with minor changes to achieve that goal, but actually
seeing if there are just minor changes or other things as well was hard
when the first draft came out.

Cheers,
aj