Re: First draft of AGPL v3

Le mercredi 13 juin 2007 à 01:27 +0200, Francesco Poli a écrit :
> > > :::: Bad: use restriction, with a cost associated to it
> >
> > A better wording would then be:
> >         ... an opportunity to receive the Corresponding Source under
> >         the same conditions as those of using the Program.
>
> I'm sorry, but I really cannot understand what you mean.
> Could you elaborate, please?

The current wording is way too specific, and requires providing the
source at no charge on a network server. In the event where the user
pays for using the service, the source code availability would then have
to be included in the price. This would also fix the remote X11 display
case that was imagined earlier, as it makes clear that accessing the
software must give access to the source.

--
 .''`.