Re: 3d modeling copyright and Industrial design rights

"Alessandro Argentini" <argento3k@gmail.com> writes:

> I want to ask if it is legal to create 3d models (with programs like
> Blender) of industrial objects like furniture, cars, electronics,
> architecture, etc. and distribute them under an open source license.

That is rather beyond the purview of debian-legal. This list is for
discussing the legal ramifications of specific software packaged for
Debian.

If you need legal advice, it's best to retain a qualified legal
practitioner familiar with your jurisdiction.

--
 \     "We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"  -- |
  `\     Vroomfondel, _The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy_, Douglas |