Re: discussion with the FSF: GPLv3, GFDL, Nexenta

Hi,

Am Montag, 4. Juni 2007 02:45:07 schrieb Wouter Verhelst:
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 05:09:57PM -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> > On Mon, 04 Jun 2007, Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> What I was trying to show is that the relevance of a copyright case
> brought against you in a jurisdiction outside of your immediate concern
> is zero, for all practical matters; that means you can simply ignore it,
> and nothing Bad will happen. Therefore, I don't think it makes it
> anything even remotely representing non-freeness.

You might want to read
"Abkommen zwischen der Bundesrepublik Deutschland und dem Königreich Belgien
über die gegenseitige Anerkennung und Vollstreckung von gerichtlichen
Entscheidungen, Schiedssprüchen und öffentlichen Urkunden in Zivil- und
Handelssachen"

No idea how it is called in Belgium, but it's the German part of a treaty from
1958 dealing precisely with that sort of thing. So, it seems extremely likely
that if I win in Germany in a civil case, I can have this decision executed
in Belgium. Additionally, you might want to check European law for similar
agreements (which would mean that the jurisdiction of your immediate concern
spans > 20 countries).

	Thomas