Can a font with an unfree character be free?

I apologize if this does not belong on this list, since it is not specifically related to Debian.

The International Symbol of Access (the wheelchair symbol that's used all over the place), to the best of my knowledge, is unfree. Its conditions of use can be seen at http://www.dinf.ne.jp/doc/japanese/resource/other/z00014/z0001406_e.html . It's also a unicode codepoint.

If a font includes this as a character, can it be free?