Re: Request licence review

Andrew Sidwell <takkaria@gmail.com> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
> > Andrew Sidwell <andy@entai.co.uk> writes:
> >> Redistribution of unaltered copies of this document is permitted
> >> without restriction.  Distribution of altered copies is permitted
> >> without restriction as long as the alteration does not
> >> significantly alter the content (For example, translation and
> >> conversion to another format is permitted.).  Distribution of all
> >> other altered copies is permitted as long as credit for previous
> >> authors is maintained, the contact information is replaced with
> >> that of the alterer, and redistribution is not further
> >> restricted.
> >
> > Freedom to make changes is required under the DFSG, and this
> > license doesn't grant that freedom: it restricts it with the
> > (vague) "as long as the alteration does not significantly alter
> > the content".
>
> I don't know what you mean: the last sentence of the licence allows
> distribution of all "significantly altered" copies.

You're right, I wasn't combining those sentences. It's awkwardly
written, but the net result does seem to unambiguously allow all the
freedoms required by the DFSG.

--
 \     "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do |
  `\     it from religious conviction."  -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662), |