Re: Request for GR: clarifying the license text licensing / freeness issue

On Tue, 1 May 2007, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:
> > First of all, the interpretation we wish to claim consistency under is "all
> > bits that are distributed by Debian must follow the DFSG".  Copyright law is
> > not distributed by Debian, and needs no exception.
> Neither do licenses, which are distributed because of necessity,

Something that is distributed by necessity is still distributed.

Copyright law is actually *not distributed* by Debian.  We don't have a text
file which says "Current Copyright Law" and which includes excerpts from legal
codes and judges' decisions.