Re: New Ion3 licence

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> So I think this would require a package name change.  Any other opinion
> on that?

That is what it looks like to me.  Also, this clause

  2. Altered versions must be clearly and explicitly marked as such,
     and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.
     Significantly altered versions may not be distributed (neither
     in source nor binary form), by a name that could be confused
     with a name of this software ("ion", "ion3", etc.), without
     additional very explicit component that indicates that the
     version is non-standard.

means you should call it something like "ion-debian-patched", just to
avoid conflict if there is a difference of opinion on what
"significant" means.

Cheers,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu