Re: Request for GR: clarifying the license text licensing / freeness issue

Ian Jackson wrote:
>If this is forced to a GR we should have an option along these
>lines:
>
>  We note that many license texts are copyrighted works, licensed only
>  under meta-licenses which prohibit the creation of derivative
>  license texts.
>
>  We do not consider this a problem.

Although not my most-preferred solution, I would actually be very happy
with something very close to this.

Namely, something which specifies in addition:

"We consider these to be free works for the purposes of the Social Contract.
This GR will be linked prominently from the Social Contract's webpage."

This would be clear, honest, and straightforward to Debian's users.