Re: Hinner EDV: Correct Logo Usage?

* Steve Langasek:

> On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 10:21:55AM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> * Steve Langasek:
>
>> > Please escalate this to the DPL and/or SPI.  He certainly doesn't have a
>> > legal right to use that logo,
>
>> Huh?  It's about to be relicensed under the MIT license.
>
> And enforced as a trademark, which he's currently misusing?

Sorry, I fail to see how you can do this without losing your
credibility.  The MIT license specifically gives one permission "to
deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation
the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish" etc.

Certainly, we don't want to promote this shrewed interpretation of the
MIT license.  Imagine what happened if our upstreams adopted this
approach.