Licence and copyright for autogenerated files (gtk-vim-syntax)

Hi,

I'm currently making a package for gtk-vim-syntax (ITP[1]). The files in
this package are auto-generated by a script (the script is in the
public domain). This excerpt comes from the README:

========8<==========
Copying:  I hereby waive any potential rights on the syntax files.  I
am not sure whether a list of library symbols can be copyrighted at
all.  But this world is full of lawyers with the silliest ideas.  The
ideal state (which would solve all copyright problems once for all)
would be distribution of the syntax files directly with the respective
libraries, but I do not hope for that.

By reading this I'm tempted to think that these files belong to the
public domain. Could the name of functions and parameters owned by
someone? Who must I credit for these files and under which licence? What
do you think?

Regards

Laurent Bigonville