Re: firefox -> iceweasel package is probably not legal

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 05:51:03PM -0800, Sean Kellogg <skellogg@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> In fact, as an end user it is well within my right to use the firefox logo and
> name with iceweasel.  It's debian, who has chosen to place a product into
> direct competition, who has to watch it's Ps and Qs in this business.

Just to dots on Is and bars on Ts, it's not debian who has chosen to
"place a product into direct competition", but Mozilla who has chosen to
not allow debian to distribute something called firefox without its
logo, which, being non-free, can't be distributed by debian.

Mike