Re: photo licenses

On 11/08/06 01:27, Maarten de Boer wrote:

> I placed my own photos under CC 1.0, but I understand that this
> is not acceptable? I can change them under the GPL, but would

The GPL is fine for images. Just package them up with the rest of the
source for your game and include a standard COPYING file. This is what
is done for a large majority of the artwork you see when you use a GUI
in Debian.

Using obscure, unique or mixed licenses often causes confusion.

> that oblige me to give access to the original jpegs as downloaded

This isn't how the authors of other free software have interpreted things.

Jeff