Re: Why not use a "patended" section for programs with patent problems?

Hans Ekbrand wrote:
The current sitution means that debian restricts itself more than it
has to. Debian could give users in many, but not all countries, access
to popular technologies (in particular mp3, mpeg-2 and mpeg-4
encoders), but doesn't. Why not?

Fabian Greffrath and I are working on something similar, but we're not yet done. Thanks for your patience.