Re: OSSAL/CC license of xMule parts

On 3 Oct 2006, at 05:13, Daniel Leidert wrote:

Hello,

I'm currently preparing an updated xMule package and found a statement,
which sounds a bit problematic. But I'm not a lawyer, so I ask you. E.g.
xLibs/DynPrefs/DynamicPreferences.cpp states:

// This file is dually licensed under the terms of the following licenses:
// * Primary License: OSSAL - Open Source Software Alliance License

//   * Key points:
//       5.Redistributions of source code in any non-textual form (i.e.
// binary or object form, etc.) must not be linked to software that is // released with a license that requires disclosure of source code
//          (ex: the GPL).

// * Secondary License: Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs License v1.0

//   * Key Points:

// * No Derivative Works.You may not alter, transform, or build upon
//             this work.
//
// * Special exceptions:
// I, Theodore R.Smith, hereby grant, as the sole author of this library, // exclusive permission to the xMule Project to distribute and link to this // library, specifically voiding clause 5 of the OSSAL for the xMule Project.
//   As a further exclusive permission, when linked to the xMule Project,
//   the terms of the GPL concerning binary distribution must be observed.
//

None of these licenses is DFSG-free, the exceptions can't make the library DFSG-free.

Based on the statements given, I think this library conflicts  the DFSG.