Re: CC's responses to v3draft comments

Francesco Poli wrote:
Clause 4(d) states, in part:

|       in the case of a Adaptation or Collection, at a minimum such
|       credit will appear, if a credit for all contributing authors
|       of the Adaptation or Collection appears, then as part of these
|       credits and in a manner at least as prominent as the credits
|       for the other contributing authors.

Credit must be "at least as prominent as the credits for the other
contributing authors".  Even if the licensor's contribution is not
comparable to others?

If it said "at least as prominent as the credits for the authors of
other comparable contributions", it would be OK, but the actual clause
doesn't say this, unfortunately.

Interestingly, CC Scotland 2.5 states

| in the case of a Derivative Work or a Collective Work, placing that
| credit in the same place, and at least as prominently, as any
| comparable authorship credit.

and 2.0 states

| at a minimum such credit will appear where any other comparable
| authorship credit appears and in a manner at least as prominent as
| such other comparable authorship credit.

I wonder if this might just be a rewording oversight?

--
Lewis Jardine
IANAL, IANADD