Re: The bigger issue is badly licensed blobs (was Re: Firmware poll

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 12:15:20AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> I'd love to see a legal opinion from the SPI lawyers regarding who would be
> liable if Debian did commit copyright infringment (or whatever) and someone
> sued.

FWIW, there's a few things I'd love to see legal opinions on too,
including the Java/non-free questions John Goerzen raised some time
ago. They're still pending on SPI's todo list. If any qualified lawyers
with experience in the US are reading this and would like to volunteer
some of their time on a pro-bono basis to benefit Debian and other free
software organisations such as FreeDesktop.org and PostgreSQL, sending
mail to board@spi-inc.org to that effect might be worthwhile.

Cheers,
aj