Re: Artwork in sourceforge.net pages

En/na Weakish Jiang ha escrit:
>> Of course, they aren't sufficient to grant it. But the fact that only
>> GPL is mentioned, terms of use requiring the same license, alternative
>> arragements apparently not made... overall they give me the impression
>> that the artwork may be free enough.
>
> Terms of use only require "the OSI-approved license(for Source Code) or
> such other licensing arrangements that may beapproved by OSTG as
> applicable to such Content." AFAIU, it doesn't require the license for
> icons on webpages should be under the same license of the software.

If the owner is compliant with the terms, this Content is licensed under
GPL or under other applicable licensing arrangements. I'm on the
(strong) assumption that there hasn't been any arrangements.
Thus, if no arrangements made, GPL is the only available option.

> Yes, I also have the impression that it will be fine to use the artwork.
> But it's only an impression. IMO, we shouldn't rely on impression.

The matter is I have quite some points in favour and not a single sign
against it. If OSTG can confirm this, like MJ Ray suggested, it should
be reliable enough, shouldn't it?

So the next step will be to contact OSTG (that is, if I don't receive
any answer from the owner).

Read you later.